Shared commitment to the community
As part of Mass General Brigham’s world-renowned healthcare system, we share a dedication to improving the lives of the people in our communities. That’s why Mass General Brigham Health Plan works with organizations that share our vision of supporting individuals that need it most.
All the ways we care for our communities
Our commitment to supporting the health of our communities dates back nearly four decades to our founding by the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers and the Greater Boston Forum for Health Action. Today, this commitment remains strong. From our participation in the state’s MassHealth Accountable Care Organization (ACO) program, to our community benefits and partnerships with local organizations – we continue to meet the needs of our communities in a variety of ways to promote health and well-being.
Expanding healthcare access
We believe that all people deserve access to high-quality, equitable healthcare, regardless of their background, age, education, living situation, or economic status. Through our participation in the MassHealth ACO program, we are proud to serve communities throughout Massachusetts that face a unique set of social health challenges. As part of this commitment to supporting underserved communities, we support the Mass General Brigham MassHealth ACO to provide coordinated care and coverage to members. This contributes to our goal of advancing health equity to address the social determinants of health and reduce health disparities. As part of this goal, we are working with state and regulatory agencies to ensure that our policies and procedures continue to be aligned with requirements. This includes working collaboratively with healthcare providers, as well as continuously improving the data we collect to better meet our members' healthcare needs.
Our community involvement
As part of an integrated healthcare system, we look for opportunities to reduce health disparities and address social determinants of health. When we work with community-based organizations across Massachusetts, our efforts address problems like chronic disease, housing disparities, mental illness, and more – causes that are important to us and important to our members.
Through the Mass General Brigham Health Plan Community Benefits program, we are proud to contribute to many deserving organizations, as just one piece of our ongoing commitment to be culturally responsive to the health and social needs of communities throughout Massachusetts. A defining goal of this program is to improve and maintain health status, promote health equity for diverse populations, and expand access to healthcare in the communities we serve.
As part of our Community Benefits Program, we have sponsored or partnered with various organizations over the last year to help address the following needs:
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- American Lung Association
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America New England Chapter
- Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism
- Community Servings
- Colon Cancer Coalition
- Alzheimer's Association Boston
- Bay State Banner-BE Healthy Magazine
Social determinants of health
- Age Span
- El Mundo
- MGH Chelsea and Revere
- Count the Kicks
- Hailey House
- Merrimack Valley Food Bank
- Rescuing Left Over Cuisine
- The Food Project
- Samaritans Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Program
- Fresh Start 508
- Father’s Uplift
- Run To Home Base
- One Mission
- Lowell House Inc.
- UTEC Inc.
- Wish Program
For more information on our community sponsorships, please visit the Community Benefits Report.
Partnering with local organizations
Mass General Brigham Health Plan is dedicated to making a positive impact in our surrounding neighborhoods through the support of local businesses and organizations. For this reason, and to expand on our other areas of community involvement, we have committed to sponsoring and participating in the following events from various local community-focused organizations and events:
- Worcester Business Journal Outstanding Women in Business Awards
- Mass Municipal Association Trade Show
- NorthShore Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
- 495 Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
- Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
- City of Boston Open Enrollment
- National Association of Social Workers Virtual Symposium
- Massachusetts Library Collective
- Worcester Women’s Leadership Conference
- New England Employee Benefits Council Annual Summit and Trade Show
- Central Massachusetts Conference for Women
- El Mundo Health and Wellness Festival
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Breakfast Club
- Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce Health Expo
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Breakfast Club
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts September Executive Forum
- Mass Non-Profit Association Annual Conference
- Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers Annual Dinner
- The Edge, Top 100 Women in business excellence award